Child & Youth Mental Health (CYMS) provides support to children and young people up to the age of 18 years, and their families when experiencing emotional and mental health difficulties.
At times families, adolescents and children may need specialist support and guidance to overcome difficult experiences and move forward. When you usual strategies and supports are not enough, CYMS can provide consultancy and treatments.
Child & Youth Services can provide help if you are:
- feeling stressed, anxious or depressed
- having thoughts/talk/actions of hurting yourself or someone else
- having confused thinking or hallucinations
- having difficulties in your relationships with family or friends
- withdrawing from your usual activities or feeling isolated and alone
- not be sleeping well
- experiencing changes in how you eat or have problems with your personal care
- experiencing poor self control with is causing problems at school or your behaviours may be a danger to other people
The team is made up of people from many backgrounds including; social workers, occupational therapists, psychologists, registered nurses, family therapists and a consultant child and adolescent psychiatrist.
Click here for a printer friendly version
Websites you may find useful:
Youth Beyond Blue